Thursday, April 29, 2010
Men in Black...or Blue...or Brown...
Gus hates them......all of 'em....if they are carrying a box and wearing sunglasses, watch out..
1) FEDEX...will kill on contact if could,
2) UPS...will tolerate to a point, but would kill if Mom were not looking,
3) USPS.....will growl and bark at, but when approached , will calm down with a treat.
Today we had what I would call, an "incident"...other people would call it crazy ( unless you have a Scottie dug.)I thought that our neighbor needed to borrow a couple of tools from the garage. I hear a tap at the door, and went to open it.
It was not our neighbor....it was #1. Mr. FedEx looked to be about 6'6" or 12' to Gus. Mr. FexEx stood there, saying nothing, and held out a box and a device that looked like a remote control for a robot ( I had to sign it.) Before I had the chance to even open the door ( thank GOD), G-dog hurled himself against the glass....now any of you who have one of these charming little dogs, knows what I mean when I say,"alligator jaws" or "shark frenzy". They snap first, and ask questions later. Fortunately we have never had an actual "incident" here.
We did almost have an incident once....it occurred when #2 attempted to make a delivery. G-dog appeared out of nowhere, charged the box, bit it, and ran up the stairs...not sure who was more confused, G-dog, the delivery guy, or me.
Bonnie, G-dog's mom, never reacted like that...Ryan did to a point, but not like my little guy. I have no clue why he freaks out like that when they appear at the door.
1) He thinks that there are people coming to hurt his family.
2) He thinks that there are people coming to hurt him, or
3) He thinks that there are people coming to...............
Fill in the blank......ANYONE out there who can tell me why he goes ballistic like this?
Inquiring minds want to know.