Random thoughts about Gardening, Creating, Nature and of course Scottish Terriers!

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

~ My Heart ~

"For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."
Matthew 6:21

 
Posted by Picasa


Yesterday, we finally had some warm sunny weather. I was able to pay some badly needed attention to my poor backyard. It had been abandonned since the last snowstorm. Flooded, muddy, still with some small snowdrifts in the corners, I ventured out. One of the first places I examined for signs of life, was the herb garden. I looked down and saw this:

 
Posted by Picasa


Like my angelic friend Becky at Sweet Cottage Dreams, I see hearts all the time ~ or they see me.
I'm not sure when I started to notice this ~ I think it was about 10 years ago. I was involved in some pretty intense Spiritual Direction, with a very kind nun. Quite new to this, I was a little apprehensive at first. I don't relax very easily under circumstances like that, needing to be in control ( very Type A personality :o)~

One particular day, she had asked me to do some visualization. It was about being given a box to open by God. Normally I would have been shifting in my seat, wanting to glance at the time. This time was different.
When she asked my what I saw inside the box, I instantly said,
"It's a HEART!"
She smiled at me and said,"how funny, the first time my Director did this meditation with me, I said the exact same thing."
I knew that I was on the right track.
 
Posted by Picasa

My heart is in nature.......always has been, always will be. That is where I always feel that I am close to God.
When you open your box, what do you see......how do you connect with God?
I hope that your answers leap out at you, the way mine did, and hopefully, always will!

7 comments:

  1. I understand what you're saying. I can feel so close to God when I'm outside. I love to garden and have been thinking about my little herb garden for the past few days. I plan on adding some new herbs this year but I've got to give a serious pruning to my lemon balm and to my spearmint. I so love the smell of both of them and the spearmint in particular bring back some wonderful memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not meaning to take up too much time but I just had to let you know that I took the flower quiz and found out I was a Daffodil! You have no idea how awesome that is because daffodils are my favorite flower! I'm smiling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this beautiful post - God is everywhere and in all that we do- we just need to listen and look. So neat that you see hearts!! This is one for me to meditate on.

    xo
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely to have gone through such an experience...with the nun. Envy, thy name is Sandra -smile-. I so miss such study and have attempted to begin one where I live but can't find interested folks. sigh.
    Like you, I connect with God but in all things. My day begins with preaching on XM radio and love listening to Alistair Begg and others. I read my Bible then jump, sometimes with force and other times gently, into my day. Being outside, doing chores allows me to worship God as He brings His creation to focus. What a blessing to live on this farm and to see His work daily!
    Please let me tell you again...this post delighted my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for coming by and commenting on Brendas story that I posted for her on my site. I am going to be doing that about once or twice week have other bloggers tell their story so we can all get to know each other.
    If your interested in telling yours just email me at grandmayellowhair@gmail.com also I would be happy to put your etsy items on my Temptation Mondays.
    Lovely post...I enjoyed reading it
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a lovely statue of Saint Francis, and the quote, and the pretty dove posing so nicely.
    I am surrounded by God when I am in the garden, I agree.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed this post. Something for me to ponder about today. Thank you! I will start to look for hearts. How sweet and peaceful.

    ReplyDelete